Monday, June 17, 2013

Marcelle BB Cream Review

Marcelle is a Canadian beauty brand, but ships to the US, and is exclusively sold at Birchbox. This BB cream comes in 3 shades, which is rare for BB creams. Although BB Creams have been around for quite some time, I never really got into them.



The Packaging:

I personally feel that the packaging is unique. It looks like its in a tube, but really its a pump! The size of the product is not too big, it feels just right when holding it. On the back of the tube, you get information about what exactly a BB cream is, and how to use it.

The Product:

What Marcelle says about the BB cream:
"The ultimate multi-tasking skin enhancer: lightweight moisturizer with adaptive pigments to even out and brighten skin tone, formulated with powerful antioxidants, aloe vera and chamomile to help protect and improve skin's appearance."

I personally think that this product is really amazing. The coverage is sheer; kind of like a tinted moisturizer, plus more benefits for the skin. How this is different from a tinted moisturizer, is it offers a tad bit more coverage. I also don't feel that this product is all that moisturizing (mind you, I do have dry skin). The finish the product leaves you is ultra-natural. This is something I don't know that I like or dislike just yet. When I put it on, my skin looks more even, but I really don't notice anything else. With this being said, when I continue to apply the rest of my makeup, it looks 10X better. This is partly because of the use of the other products.

The formula is hypo-allergenic and perfume free. When I apply it, the product smells different. It doesn't completely smell like nothing. I really don't know how to put it, but it is a smell that I really don't prefer.

Overview:
Price: CAD$22.99
Where it can be found: London Drugs, Shoppers Drug Mart, birchbox.com, marcelle.com, walmart, any drug store
Shades: Light-Medium, Medium-Deep, Deep-Deeper
Rating (/5): 4
Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment